I make things, and fix things others have made. To do this I employ a very well rounded familiarity with diverse branches of science and engineering including cell biology, robotics, materials science, electrical and mechanical engineering, programming and automation, and state of the art fabrication capabilities including dextrous CNC machining and high resolution 3D printing.
I’ve built mag-lev apparatus, brain-control interfaces for prosthetic robotic arms, and custom scientific instruments to measure exotic phenomena in diverse industries spanning domestic utility companies to aerospace giants.
Some things I’ve helped fix are Delta IV heavy lift rocket motor gimbals, small research nuclear reactors, large continuous copper casting production lines, titanium manufacturing acid-pickling bath process controls, and the lighting in the flagship Apple store in Beijing China.
Notable Projects and Instruments Built
- Automated Magnetic Permeability Scanner – an instrument to support my forensic investigation of damaged LVDT sensor cores on a Delta IV rocket gimbal.
- Ultrasonic Concrete Thickness Monitor – for a high performance concrete casting factory.
- Automated Multi-Liquid Dispensing Apparatus – for a high performance concrete casting factory.
- Novel Corrosion Sensing Apparatus – patent
- Acid Pickling Bath Process Controls – for Timet Titanium Factory
- 240kV, 8-joule impulse , optically triggered Marx Generator – for the Electrified Flowers of Hawaii Project
- 60 gram, 1.2″ gap, feedback-controlled repulsive mag-lev system – for a Golf startup client
- Electrochemical Scanning Microscope – an instrument to map localized anodic and cathodic zones of cobalt-alloy prosthetic hip joints for a medical device maker.
- Real Time Neural Control Algorithms for Prosthetic Robotics – graduate study
- Federal Class Action Suit Forensic Engineering Support
- Custom Flux-Gate magnetometers – for long term corrosion monitoring
- CNC Bubble Iris – a project as artist in residence at Autodesk, Inc. part of several ongoing projects including “Bubble Dancer”